The “Database Development & Deployment Risks” survey was conducted to gain insights into the risks associated with various database development practices. The survey focused on various processes – particularly manual processes – interjected into and used throughout the development lifecycle.
- Out-of-Sync Environments, Out-of-Process Changes Further Complicate Risk
- A Mistrust of Source Control Increases Risk
- Manual Processes in the Continuous Delivery (CD)/Continuous Integration (CI) Chain Slow Development
- Dissimilar Database and Application Development Methods Pose Challenges
- Chaos in Emergency Times Demands Rapid, But Precise Remedies
- The Biggest Barriers Standing in the Way of DevOps for Database Implementation are Conquerable